Title: Project Coordinator
Department / Division: Operations
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the daily management and oversight of projects for a portfolio of commercial properties, including the overall management of work orders, repairs and maintenance, and communicating to tenant contacts with updates. The Project Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations.
- Develop the scope of work for each project from the operations team.
- Solicit bids from contractors for each project.
- Create project budgets and timelines in Gantt charts.
- Communicate updates with key internal/external personnel specific to projects.
• Process, organize, and maintain electronic files related to each maintenance and construction project.
• Prepare updates on project timelines and communicate to operations team members.
• Log all communication responses from vendors in Zoho Projects management system.
• Coordinate permitting, scheduling, and completion of projects.
• Ensure quality work standards and project scope is maintained from vendors through conducting quality assurance reviews on each project.
• Act as the vendor point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
• Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment, and information.
• Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes.
• Track ongoing project milestones and report progress.
• Oversee cost controls on repair and maintenance expenses.
• Competitively bid all contracts as directed by the Account Manager.
• Ensure all service contracts are prepared with proper entities, COI’s are obtained and on file, the scope of work is monitored and service fees tied to contract requirements.
• Communicate effectively with the Director of Operations / Account Managers and the Leasing team regularly to discuss project and expenditure updates as related to property performance.
• Review work orders and assigned accordingly with strategic planning on timing of urgency.
• Provide detailed updates in monthly property asset meetings on all on-going project activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role.
• Experience in project management, from conception to delivery.
• An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans.
• Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
• Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control.
• Strong working knowledge of Zoho Projects a plus
• Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Basecamp or Trello).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
• Experience in the construction industry a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Effective team player through collaboration and partnership.
• Ability to analyze and problem-solve effectively; able to offer solutions to resolve issues.
Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) with an emphasis in Finance, Real Estate, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, reach with arms and hands, and lift up to 50 pounds. There are no special vision requirements.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About Realty Capital Advisors
We Solve Complex Real Estate Problems. Are you ready for a challenge?
Realty Capital Advisors is a full service commercial real estate company, and one of the few locally-based firms focusing on the Central Florida region. We recently celebrated our 20th year anniversary, and during the last five years, Realty Capital has sold nearly 1 million square feet of real estate and leased 3.2 million square feet valued at over $365 million. Realty Capital focuses primarily on seven service lines including Corporate Services, Investment Sales, Land Sales, Buyer & Tenant Representation, Leasing & Management, Development Services, and Troubled Assets (REO). Our property management division specializes in office, medical, industrial, and retail real estate, and currently manages 26 properties totaling 1.5 million square feet. Whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or invest in commercial real estate, Realty Capital is here to help. We’re Realty Capital… individually strong, collectively powerful.