Title: Financial Analyst Internship
Department / Division: Finance
The financial analyst intern is responsible for assisting with the analysis of real estate pro forma data for evaluating lease transactions, underwriting, financing, and acquiring commercial properties. This position reports directly to the Finance Manager.
- Assist in underwriting potential financing and acquisition transactions.
- Prepare specialized market analyses.
- Complete lease analysis to determine NPV, PV & IRR
- Communicate with key internal/external leasing personnel to assist with leasing, acquisitions & dispositions.
- Summarize loan documents, identifying loan requirements, and cove11nants.
• Coordinate with executive, legal, and accounting teams to facilitate acquisitions and disposition transactions.
• Assist with the review of leases, service agreements, budgets, and operating statements to provide the executive team with a summary of pertinent details.
• Assist with the coordination of the due diligence process to include third party inspections gathering materials and tracking of timelines.
• Process, organize and maintain electronic and paper files related to due diligence, underwriting entitlement, and construction development projects.
• Prepare market analysis including economic overviews, market area highlights, competitive market analysis, forecasting, and data analysis and trend identification studies.
• Research leasing and property sales market conditions.
• Build spreadsheets for the evaluation of real estate projects.
• Create and maintain proformas, track significant asset events, and review and modify valuations and cash flow projections.
• Restates and conforms to the formatting of financial data from multiple sources.
• Assists in analyzing and summarizing variances and anomalies relative to comparable properties.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications / Experience
• Experienced utilizing financial software, excel, argus and others
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Effective team player through collaboration and partnership.
• Ability to analyze and problem-solve effectively; able to offer solutions to resolve issues.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Currently enrolled to achieve a Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) with an emphasis in Finance, Real Estate, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, reach with arms and hands, and lift up to 50 pounds. There are no special vision requirements.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About Realty Capital Advisors
We Solve Complex Real Estate Problems. Are you ready for a challenge?
Realty Capital Advisors is a full service commercial real estate company, and one of the few locally-based firms focusing on the Central Florida region. We recently celebrated our 20th year anniversary, and during the last five years, Realty Capital has sold nearly 1 million square feet of real estate and leased 3.2 million square feet valued at over $365 million. Realty Capital focuses primarily on seven service lines including Corporate Services, Investment Sales, Land Sales, Buyer & Tenant Representation, Leasing & Management, Development Services, and Troubled Assets (REO). Our property management division specializes in office, medical, industrial, and retail real estate, and currently manages 26 properties totaling 1.5 million square feet. Whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or invest in commercial real estate, Realty Capital is here to help. We’re Realty Capital… individually strong, collectively powerful.