Title: Accounts Payable
Department / Division: Accounting
Responsible for all Accounts Payable functions. The person in this position must have outstanding organizational qualities, attention to detail, and be able to meet deadlines and contribute to a team working environment. This position reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
• Codes invoices using standard chart of account.
• Research, reconcile, and communicates account balances with vendors to address outstanding balances.
• Monitors and flags expense that are not in-line with normal amounts to avoid payment errors.
• Clears and matches account information and processes expenses and vendor payments.
• Review and verify invoices and check requests.
• Maintains effective controls to prevent duplicate payments and input errors.
• Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices.
• Work directly with vendors to resolve discrepancies and respond to inquiries.
• Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
• Vendor records and insurance maintenance.
• Communicate with vendor and employees regarding the status of payments.
• Responsible for invoicing customers for various monthly fees and reimbursable per the management agreement.
• Provides clerical support for financial package preparation by reviewing documents against list and ensuring that they are in order.
• Electronic entry of invoices into workflows.
• Reconcile corporate credit card, prepare spreadsheet, and create billing for reimbursements.
• Monitor unapproved invoices in PayScan and communicate urgency of approvals to managers.
• Responsible for obtaining initial vendor W9 & COI from the respective party and checking for accuracy and completeness.
• Reviews and prepares mileage logs for accuracy prior to approvals using standard rates.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications / Experience
• Accreditation or degree from a two-year program with emphasis in accounting or finance, preferred or 2 year experience in accounting related work.
• Requires basic knowledge of accounts payable and chart of accounts.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Works effectively in a team environment through collaboration and partnership.
• Customer service-oriented with an aspiration to succeed with the client in mind.
• Ability to analyze and problem-solve effectively by offering solutions to resolve issues.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Associates degree in Accounting or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of residents, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and propose feasible solutions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, reach with arms and hands, and lift up to 50 pounds. There are no special vision requirements.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About Realty Capital Advisors
We Solve Complex Real Estate Problems. Are you ready for a challenge?
Realty Capital Advisors is a full service commercial real estate company, and one of the few locally-based firms focusing on the Central Florida region. We recently celebrated our 20th year anniversary, and during the last five years Realty Capital has sold nearly 1 million square feet of real estate and leased 3.2 million square feet valued at over $365 million. Realty Capital focuses primarily on seven service lines including Corporate Services, Investment Sales, Land Sales, Buyer & Tenant Representation, Leasing & Management, Development Services and Troubled Assets (REO). Our property management division specializes in office, medical, industrial and retail real estate, and currently manages 26 properties totaling 1.5 million square feet. Whether you’re looking to buy, sell or invest in commercial real estate, Realty Capital is here to help. We’re Realty Capital… individually strong, collectively powerful.